Hi! Everyone, hope you all are fine.
Today in this post I will tell you how you can change icon of any files and folder you want. You got some cute beautiful looking icons on internet and you have saved them on your computer and now want to use them instead of ugly looking default icons. But don’t know how?
Here how you can
- 1st save the image you want to use (it should be .ico, not .jpg, .gif, .png, etc)
- Now go to place where your file/folder is (of which you want to change icon)
- Right-click on that file or folder
- Select Properties
- Click on Change icon… button (if you changing icon for any folder then in Properties dialog box click on Customize tab)
- If you want to select any icon from there given icons
- Or if you want to use your own icon click on Browse… button
- Navigate where your icon (.ico) is in your computer
- Select that icon click on Open
- Then click OK
- Then again click on OK in Properties dialog box
Now your icon is changed. If you have any question or problem let me know.
Note: – You may not able to change icon of many types of files directly so you need to make shortcut of those files and then apply above steps on that shortcut file.