If you are using WordPress as blogging platform then you might know that we can do comments threaded (a.k.a. nested comments), it means if you want to make reply of someone else comment you can simply click on Reply link just below their comment and many your comment, now your comment reply will appear just below the first person comment (to whom you have replied). But unfortunately this feature was not available for blogs which are on Blogger Platform.
But not anymore, today Google officially announced 2 level threaded commenting in Blogger. Which means you now in Blogger you can make reply to any comment but if you want to make reply to reply comment you won’t be able to but you can post below reply comment by making reply to original comment.
To enable simply go to your blog’s settings page now from there you need to do two things
- From Posts and comments settings page, set Comment Location as Embedded
- From Other settings page, set Allow Blog Feed as Full/Until Jump Break/Short or if you don’t want to have blog feed then you can set Allow Blog Feed as Custom, now set Per-Post Comment Feeds as Full/Short and set Blog Posts Feed and Blog Comment Feed according to your need
With that they have also added few new features in Blogger comment system:-
- Threaded comments a.k.a. nested comments with reply option
- Highlight author comment with a pen icon beside author name in comment
- Break comment threaded with Load more comments option after 50 comments