Most of you must be familiar with most common multiple file selecting option, press Ctrl key and start clicking on the files or folder you want to select, but you know there this is not the only way to select multiple files, there are many other different ways also by which you can easily select multiple files.
Here are the different ways:-
- To select all the files and folder from keyboard simply press Ctrl + A key
- If you want to select all the files and folder with your mouse then from top menu bar, click on Edit/Organize then from drop-down click on Select All
- To select a consecutive group of files and folder, click on first file and then press Shift key (from your keyboard) and click on last file
- To select a consecutive group of files and folder using mouse, simply drag and drop your mouse by pressing left button (on your mouse)
- To select files and folder which not in a consecutive group then press and hold Ctrl key from your keyboard then click on all the files and folder you want to select (with your mouse)
- To select files and folder which not in a consecutive group using your mouse enable check box option from folder option
- To invert your selection from top menu bar click on Edit and select Invert selection and it will deselect all the files which are selected and it will select all the files which are not selected
Now you can also combine above methods and make your work fast. For instance if you want to select files which are almost in consecutive group but in between there are few files which you don’t want to select, so you can apply 3rd/4th method with 5th/6th, just in 5th/6th method instead of selecting you will be deselecting them while click on them.
After you selected your files and folder you wanted to select then you can perform your task with them, whatever you wanted to do, like copy, move, edit, delete, rename, etc.