Hi! Everyone, hope you all are fine.
Today in this post I will tell you how you can use Google labs SMS Channel to send about your new blog post via SMS to your reader. Google labs SMS Channel allows you to send free SMS anywhere in India. It can also help your readers know that your blog is updated so they can check your blog when they will receive SMS on their mobile phone.
Here how you can setup
- Go to labs.google.co.in/smschannels
- Give your name and mobile number to verify
- After you give your name and mobile number you will receive a code in a SMS on your mobile phone
- Type that code and click on Finish setup button
- Now click on Try now » link (at right middle-side of the page under Create your own channel)
- Now fill the form according to you (you can see in below image what I have given)
- Click on Create channel button
- Now click on Subscription link for this channel: to get the link of your channel
Now your channel is ready share link with your readers to subscribe for updates via SMS.
Note: – You can’t change the name (while creating channel) once you choose it.
Do let us know what you think about it.
8 thoughts on “How To Setup Google Labs SMS Channels For Your Blog”
I have created a new sms channel recently. It is supporting only 2 posts per day. How can increase the number of posts per day?
In "Delivery Schedule" you need to mention how many time you want it to send.. 🙂
How to increase msgs limit frm google labs via sms 4m mbile
Plz send d proces to my mail..
I wil wait 4 ur reply frnd..
From "Delivery Seclude" drop-down you will able to so.
Whenever I try to visit the page labs.google.co.in/sms channel….i am not able to open d page neither from my phone(android) nor from d pc(linux-ubuntu n xp)…only d page code is being visible…i.e d whole screen filled wid some sort of characters…pls help
Try from different web browser.
Same isues as Abi.
Tried from linux and windows on IE and firefox and chrome as well.
the links displaying garbled characters.
Sorry I may not able to help in this because they are not letting me verify any of my mobile no. and for any of my a/c.. Sorry..!! 🙁