If your son or daughter going to have an exam on History (, Geography or any other subject), so to help them you can mark some impotent notes in Wikipedia website (which you think will useful for their exam and help them in studying) and give them that as a printed book with the help PediaPress.
To create book in Wikipedia
- Go to Wikipedia website and there on left side click on Create a book link
- Then click on Start book creator at top of the page and you will see a Book creator box on every Wikipedia page
- Go to the page you want to add in your book
- Now from Book creator box, click on Add this page to your book link (do the step for all the page which you want to add in your book)
- After you added all the pages and article you wanted in your, click on Show book link from Book creator box
- Now give a title and subtitle to your book, arrange your book’s chapter
- Then click on Preview with PediaPress button from right side
- Now you will be taken to PediaPress website, where they will calculate the number of pages and everything so that they can give you what will be the cost of each book
- There you can create a book cover, give editor (your) name, add custom Preface and you even preview you full book before it get printed
The price of books depends on the number of pages, starting from US$ 7.90 for books up to 100 pages. 10% of the gross sales of every book go to the Wikimedia Foundation.
Books are perfect bound, printed in the dimensions 8.5 inch x 5.5 inch (216 mm x 140 mm) and contain a table of contents, your chapters and articles, licensing information next to an index.
Within 3 business days they produced and ship Paperbacks, black and white books and for hardcover and color books they take up to 15 business days.