YouTube is the most popular video sharing website and the second most popular search engine in the world. All of us watch video on YouTube and on YouTube video player which are embedded these days on almost every website.
So if you own a blog or website where you sometimes or most of the time embed YouTube video then here are few tricks which will help you to customize your YouTube video player according to your suitability.
- You can embed YouTube videos in two ways, first is using old objet embed tags and the seconds way is using new iframe tag which also supports HTML5 player and now it also made as default way to embed YouTube videos.
- Similar to YouTube video player you can also embed YouTube Video Playlist in object embed tag and iframe tag.
- If you want to add YouTube video player without its logo or YouTube branding and at the same time you also want it to start playing automatically as it gets loaded then you can use YouTube popup Video Player. It has no YouTube branding but it starts playing atomically, generally used in watch YouTube videos in full browser window size. To embed, use this URL in an iframe tag http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=VIDEO_ID and replace VIDEO_ID with your YouTube video ID.
- If your website uses HTTPS protocol instead of HTTP and want to embed a YouTube video then you can use HTTPS while embedding YouTube videos instead of HTTP. ***
- If you don’t want to display YouTube logo in YouTube video player then use modestbranding=1 parameter. **
- You are embedding a YouTube video and you want that it plays by default in 720p HD instead of normal 360p/240p resolution then you need to use hd=1 parameter. ***
- For a change if you like to embed YouTube video player in light color instead of default dark black color theme then you can use theme=light&color=white parameter. ***
- Want to set start point of your embedded YouTube video then you use can start=n parameter, change n with start point in seconds. ***
- Use fs=0 parameter in case if you don’t want to let your visitors change YouTube video in full screen mode and it also hide full screen button from player. **
- Use fs=1 parameter to let your visitor allow switching to full screen mode and it will also show full screen button in video player. *
- If you like to auto hide YouTube video player controller while the video is playing then add autohide=1 parameter. ***
- In general video title, uploader name, etc. display on video player at top, so if you don’t want it to appear and want to hide then use showinfo=0 parameter. ***
- If you are looking for a way to display border around your YouTube video player then add border=1 parameter. *
- If you embed a video which has caption and you would like to enable it then use cc_load_policy=1 parameter and it will start showing caption when video will play, even if user has turned captions off. ***
- You want your embedded video to play in a loop, once it get completed playing then it should again start playing from starting then use loop=1 parameter. *
- If you don’t want to show search box after video completed playing then use showsearch=0 parameter. *
- If you want to disable displaying related videos after your completed playing then use rel=0 parameter. **
*Supports only old object embed tag
**Support only new iframe tag
***Support both object embed tag and new iframe tag
P.S. In most cases in parameter 0 stands for false and 1 stands for true.
The first parameter that you will add in your video URL, make sure to add a question mark (?) just before your parameter and after video ID (question mark is not needed in popup video player) and from second parameter use ampercent a.k.a And sign (&). E.g.: I don’t want to display YouTube logo in player and want to enable auto hide controller so I will use it like this http://www.youtube.com/embed/VIDEO_ID?modestbranding=1&autohide=1 and will use this URL while embedding video.