Hi! Everyone, hope you all are fine.
Today in this post I will tell you how you can verify your Blogger.com blog in Google Webmaster Tools. Google Webmaster Tools will help you is Optimizing your blog for SEO in Google Search.
Let see how you can verify your Blogger.com blog in Google Webmaster Tools
- Go to Google.com/webmasters/tools/home
- Login to (or signup for) your Google account (you can use your Blogger.com ID and Password to login)
- Click on Add a site… button
- Type your Blogger Blog URL
- Then click on Continue button
- Now you need to verify (that you are the owner of that blog)
- If you are using same account in Google Webmaster Tools that you are using in your Blogger.com blog then you don’t need to verify
- If you are using different account then
(a) After adding your blog URL you will see some option to verify
(b) Select Add a meta tag to your site’s home page radio button
(c) Now you will see a META tag copy that META tag
(d) Now go to Blogger.com login to your account
(e) Then go to Design –> Edit HTML (following blog in which you want to verify)
(f) Search for <head>
(g) Just below HEAD tag (<head>) past the META tag you have copied from Google Webmaster Tools page
(h) Click on SAVE TEMPLATE button
(i) Now again go to Google.com/webmasters/tools/ login to your Google Webmaster Tools account
(j) If you can’t see your blog, you see something written like this
Use the table below to manage verified owners of your sites or add new sites to your account. Additional information about your verified sites is available at Webmaster Tools.
Click on Webmaster Tools link
(k) Now click on Verify this site button (at the right-hand side)
(l) Then again select Add a meta tag to your site’s home page radio button
(m) Then click on Verify button
Now you Blogger.com blog is verified for Google Webmaster Tools. In my next post I will tell you how you can submit sitemap for your Blogger.com blog to Google Webmaster Tools.