Hi! Everyone, hope you all are fine.
Today in this post I will tell you about Blogger.com comment settings. Comment is one of the important parts in blogging. This helps you in getting feedback, interactions with visitors and many more ways. So to have proper settings of comments is important, so that visitors don’t have any problem while commenting on your blog.
Go to Blogger.com, login to your account, click on Settings –> Comments
- Hide – Hide your existing comments (if you have any) and also hide your comment box from letting anyone comment on your blog
- Show – Allow visitors to see existing comments and let them comment on your blog
- Who Can Comment?:-
- Anyone – Who ever visits your blog will able to make comment
- Registered Users – Only user with account on Google, LiveJournal, WordPress, OpenID, etc will able to make comment
- Users with Google Accounts – Only user with Google Account will able to comment
- Only members of this blog – People who are members of your blog (administrator, author and readers) will able to comment
- Comment Form Placement:-
- Full page – Commentator will get a link called Post a Comment in place of Comment box and when a commentator will click on it, a new page will open and it will look something like this (Click here to see how it will look like)
- Pop-up window – Commentator will get a link called Post a Comment in place of Comment box and when a commentator will click on it, a popup will open which will look something like this (Click here to see how it will look like)
- Embedded below post – A normal comment box will appear below your blog post.
- Comments Default for Posts:-
- New Posts Have Comments – By default all new blog post will have comment box enable
- New Posts Do Not Have Comments – By default no new blog post will have comment box enable
- Show – It will show a link of the person who have link to your blog with a short snippet of his/her text, below your comment blog f that post (which he/she have linked to)
- Hide – It will hide backlinks
- Backlinks Default for Posts:-
- New Posts Have Backlinks –
- New Posts Do Not Have Backlinks –
- Comments Timestamp Format:-
- Comment Form Message:-
- Comment moderation:-
- Always – Whenever anyone will comment first you have to approve them then only comment will appear on your blog
- Only on posts older than __ days – The post older then number of days you will set gets any comment need to first get approved then only it will appear on your blog
- Never – All comments made on your blog will get auto approved
- Show word verification for comments?:-
- Yes – It will ask your readers to fill a word verification form before comments get submitted
- No – It will not ask your readers to fill any word verification form before comments get submitted
- Show profile images on comments?:-
- Yes – Will show profile image of commentators
- No – Will not show profile image of commentators
- Comment Notification Email:-
There are two options under “Comments” Show and Hide. This option will let you show or hide existing comment and comment box on your blog.
There are four options under “Who Can Comment?” Anyone, Registered Users, Users with Google Accounts and Only members of this blog. This option will help you manage who can comment on your blog.
There are three options under “Comment Form Placement” Full page, Pop-up window and Embedded below post.
There are two options under “Comments Default for Posts” New Posts Have Comments and New Posts Do Not Have Comments. This option will let you enable or disable comment box on new blog posts.
However you can still make it enable or disable for any particular post by clicking on Post Options and under Reader comments set according to your wise, this option will appear at bottom when you make a new post or editing any existing post.
There are two options under “Backlinks” Show and Hide. This option will let you show or hide backlink, who have link to your blog post in there blog.
There are two options under “Backlinks Default for Posts” New Posts Have Backlinks and New Posts Do Not Have Backlinks.
The date and time that comments are made will be displayed in the format you choose here.
What massage will display above comment box for commentator. Like when I was on Blogger.com then it huge to display “Recommended While Commenting Please Add Your Name And Not To Add Your Email ID Till It Is Not Asked By Me”. If you know little HTML then you can use most of the HTML tags also.
There are three options under “Comment moderation” Always, Only on posts older than __ days and Never. You will able to approve or delete comments before it appear on your blog.
Whenever a comment made on your blog and required approval then a link will appear on your dashboard below the following blog. And you can also get notification from email when a non-member make a comment on your blog by giving your email address under Email address field.
There are two options under “Show word verification for comments?” Yes and No. this will help you to reduce spam comments (unwanted comments) on your blog.
There are two options under “Show profile images on comments?” Yes and No. It will let show profile image of commentators beside their comments.
When anyone makes a comment on your blog you will get an email notification. You can enter up to ten email address, separated by commas.
After set your blog settings according to you click on SAVE SETTINGS button to save all changes you made. Hope this post will help you.
If you have any question or problem let me know.