Last year when I shifted my blog from Blogger to self-hosted WordPress platform, I faced authentication problem, while importing my post from Blogger to WordPress I used Blogger import plugin but when my WordPress blog tried to access my Blogger account I started seeing this error:
The page you have requested cannot be displayed. Another site was requesting access to your Google Account, but sent a malformed request. Please contact the site that you were trying to use when you received this message to inform them of the error. A detailed error message follows:
The site “http://sjbn.co” has not been registered.
So I tried different way to import. But this error showed because my domain was not registered with Google, just by submitting our domain in Google Webmaster Tools or Google Analytic will not register our domain with Google, to register we need to submit our domain to “Google Manage your domains”. Let me tell you how you can
- Go to accounts.google.com/ManageDomains
- Enter your domain name, then click on Add domain button
- Now you domain will get listed below Manage registration, from there click on that domain name
- Verify your domain ownership (if not already verified using Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytic, etc.), after verification click on Continue
- Then click on I agree to the Terms of Service button
- Now just enter your domain URL (with http://) at Target URL path prefix: field (you can change it later if needed)
- Click on Save button
Now you can go back to your WordPress blog and try again to import your blog post. Registering your domain with Google also helps when you are developing any application where you need your users to login to your app using their Google account.