Cross Post With Google-Chrome
Hi! Everyone, hope you all are fine.
Today in this post I will tell you how you can get your emails and chats notifications on your desktop from your Gmail account. When you are talking to someone using Gmail chat or waiting for someone’s email, you must keep your Gmail tab open and in every few minutes or seconds you switch back to your Gmail tab to check wither you got any new message/email or not. But now you don’t have to keep switching back to your Gmail tab
Today Google have introduced a new feature in Gmail by which whenever you can get a message or email a popup will appear at the corner of your screen. But to use this feature you need to use Google Chrome, it is not capable with any other browser.
Let see how you can activate it
- Go to Gmail.com
- Login to your account
- Then go to Settings page
- Scroll down to Desktop Notifications
- There you click on Click here to enable desktop notifications for Gmail.
- Now one notification will appear from your Google Chrome browser asking you to give permission to show desktop notifications
- Click on Allow button
- Now by default Chat notification is enable so if you want to make chat or emails, enable or disable make it as you want
- Then scroll to bottom and click on Save Changes button
Once you make it enable in your Google Chrome browser now whenever you are talking with someone using Gmail chat or waiting for someone’s email just open your Gmail account and let that tab open. Now do your other works if you receive any new massage or email you will get a popup notification at the corner of your screen.
Do let us know how use full it is for you, for me it is useful now I while talking with anyone I don’t have to keep going back to Gmail tab ever few seconds.
3 thoughts on “Get Desktop Notifications For Your Emails And Chat”
I am using this it is totally helpful!
Ya, even I found it very helpful…
m also using