Hi! Everyone, hope you all are fine.
Today in this post I will tell you how you can remote access anyone’s computer using Google Chrome. Sometimes you might need to remotely access your home computer from office (or vice versa) or your friend wanted to show you something in his PC but you can’t to his place at that time (or vice versa). So how will you?
If you are a Google Chrome user then Google bought something to help you in this. Google released a new beta extension for Google Chrome user to help them remotely access any computer which have Google Chrome installed.
After you install Chrome Remote Desktop BETA extension (~17MB in size)
- Open a new tab in your Chrome web browser then click on Chrome Remote Desktop icon (from Apps tab)
- Then click on Continue button
- If you are logged into multiple Google accounts (else skip to step 4) then you will be asked to select the account which you like to use for Chrome Remote Desktop
- Now Google will ask you to Allow access to View your email address, View your Chrome Remote Desktop computer and View and send chat messages (you will also able to chat with the person who have access your computer or vice versa
- Click on Share This Computer button, if you want to share your computer with someone (and go to step 6) or else click on access a shared computer link if you want to access someone else computer (and go to step 7)
- Now you will get onetime unique access code, which you need to share it with the respective person you want to share your computer (and skip to step 8)
- Now the person’s computer want to access ask him to share unique access code with you so that you can get remote access on his computer
- Now they will verify and there you go, you got access to respective person computer or vice versa
You will need to do once first three steps then from next time you will use it will start from step 4. There are many other software like TeamViewer, LogMeIn, etc. which also lets you access different computer remotely. If you have any question or problem let me know.